At PERCH LA we look for Line Cooks that have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a high volume environment to ensure our standards of service are maintained.
Some of the Responsibilities:
Applicants must have a strong work ethic; punctuality and efficiency are a must. We are constantly evolving and are interested in people who are inspired by their surroundings and will help develop and implement new ideas. Line Cooks prepare, produce and cooks all menu items to be served. They ensure that the quality and presentation of food products meet company standards. Line cooks can expect to work at least one station, maintaining the highest quality in finished product. Line cooks ensure that a set ticket time are met and communicates to management if not met. Line cooks ensure that no food leaves the kitchen without a ticket, including managers' meals.
- Practice proper food handling procedures.
- Practice proper knife handling skills.
- Use and apply proper kitchen safety procedures and basic cooking skills.
- Properly wrap, label, date and store all food items on their proper cart.
- Set up, operate and clean all kitchen machinery/equipment and stores it in its proper place.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and handling of equipment, using only as intended and only after proper training has been demonstrated.
- Efficiently work with materials and/or resources being aware of and minimizing costs and expenses.
- Keep work station clean at all times during service time.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Ensure kitchen and Health Department sanitation requirements are maintained at all times.
- Perform all duties in adherence to all company standards and policy.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours when necessary.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Ability to apply common sense, identify problems and find solutions
- Frequently required to stand (a minimum of 8 hours)/walk/use stairs/carry heavy items.
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment while maintaining composure