At PERCH LA we seek hardworking, punctual and responsible Dishwashers to add to our back of house team. As a dishwasher, the operation relies on you to keep us cooking! Dishwashers need to move quickly and efficiently to ensure pots, pans, glasses, flatware and all service ware are turned over quickly and ready for their next use.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks
- Dry and replace all washed products in appropriate storage areas or onto the line as needed
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Carry large bags of trash to basement dumpster.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors as needed.
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must be able to work standing/walking for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., throughout entire shift
- Lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with assistance, up to two times per shift.
- Frequent bending, squatting, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting
- Must be able to read labels on chemicals.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to communicate in English